Wednesday 12 February 2014

WIP Wednesday

Wednesday again already! I guess this becomes a familiar feeling if you try to link up with Lee every week, right?!

Anyway, I've been making knickers, but they are for Sonia's Valentine's knicker swap so I don't want to share pics until they have been received.

And I finally decided what to do with this awesome stack of rainbow voile pretties that I bought from Amanda at Westwood Acres last Summer sometime. Amanda's pictures are better than any I could take so I will use hers to show you the lovelies:




I was originally just going to do simple patchwork with this but meh, I do like patchwork but I like piecing more. Then one insomniac night I was hit with this cunning plan:



That's the All Washed Up Sparkling Cider pattern which I saw and fell in love with on Jeni's In Color Order blog. She's made a couple of beautiful quilts with this pattern.It's pretty straightforward but so lovely and uses big cuts which will show off the gorgeous Anna Maria Horner prints.

I have made it before, but it's an as yet un-gifted gift. And I love it, and I want one for me.

So. Been figuring out my values (I'm not using a solid background fabric, just the lower value voile FQs, so I want to ensure some contrast with those bigger stars especially).



Stroking my favourite prints.



And been pressing and starching and doing some very careful cutting. Voile is slippery stuff and I can't afford to waste any!

And that is this week's WIP.

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced.


3 comments:

  1. That's a great pattern for the prints and the finished quilt will be lovely all in voile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pattern as well! You've selected beautiful fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it will be beautiful Hannah! And very soft :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thank you for your comment :-)